ROI-driven Website Development and Online Marketing
I guess this has been in the works a while now, but as of the end of this year I will no longer be taking on coding/website jobs for clients - at least not in a "drop it in my lap and expect it to be done right away" type capacity if at all.
Whilst the work is ok when it's around, it's too sporadic to be relied on and tends to mean I'm either rushed off my feet or it's dead for weeks/months on end.
Sadly that doesn't really work for me and the last few months it's been quiet so I've been working on my own projects and joint ventures and have actually been doing quite nicely, and with very little by way of stress...which is after all, all anyone wants from their job, right?
The hosting side of things will carry on as long as it's needed, and I don't mind answering the odd queries here and there or adding the odd drupal module but ongoing updates, new coding projects, redesigns, updates and whatever else are simply not going to happen. Sorry. I'm done.
So whilst Plus8.net will still continue and I'm still very much active (though more with sales and adwords than coding), it's only for a *very* limited number of existing joint ventures where I'm on commission, and my own projects. If I haven't heard from you or you haven't heard from me for a few months, then that means this probably applies to you.
Honestly this shouldn't really be "news" as such, it's really just making official the situation which already exists.
So to quote the title of Douglas Adam's final book in the Dirk Gently series..."So long and thanks for all the fish" :)
Recent blog posts
- Adwords ad rotation improvement \o/
- Adwords conversion tracking innaccurate by 50-100%?? Surely not.
- Shock, horror! Google Adwords support helpful, friendly resolved problem quickly....for the second time now.
- "I Quit" - That will be all.
- Video stuff
- Drupal Twitter update not working? Try this...
- TSV Splitter - Segment your Excel/Google Docs spreadsheet data in seconds not hours.
- How to log drupal/zen download clicks to adwords as conversion info.
- Illustration of the "Design-by-committee" effect
- Handy little drupal module for tracking/counting file downloads